Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I gotta write this earlier in the day....


It's a funny one, when you start writing a blog because it nearly becomes like a new responsibility in one's day to day life. I'm beginning to look at everything now, digest more details of things and examine them for blog worthiness. I want to make it interesting but I want to speak honestly too about the simple things in life like insecurity, emotion, happiness etc and all the elements which trigger those thoughts in one's day. In true FBI Girl style I've begun to jot things down in a pre-blog list gathering evidence for the daily splurge of words that becomes this blog.

So my list consisted of these random things in no particular order:
1. The new Irish Times Online Website:
I utterly love it in a total design geek way. I love its simplicity, its modern look, the small touches of usability like the little weather widget at the top of the page. I also love that all the content is now free for all but then secretly kinda wish it wasn't as I can no longer use my "borrowed" username and password which allowed me to access the old site for free in a mini rebellious way.

2. Metal: A bluffers guide:
Spotted in point 1. Exactly what is says and funny to boot.

3. City Lounge
Outdoor space artwork of epic proportions which makes you want to lie down and take a little break from the hustle and bustle of city life in a mass of red carpet. Original and vast and frankly just quite cool

I could go on with this list but I'm gonna stop because at the very end of the day when lists were done and blog was ready to be written, I flicked on the Tv for 2 mins. However, there I remained for the next 1hr 40min, engrossed. I kept meaning to go to bed but I was gripped by one of the most touching and original films which I have ever seen. All the other list items paled into insignificance and now this is what I write about. I think its the first Danish speaking movie I've ever watched (thank god for the subtitles) but to be honest it was one of the films that you nearly don't need to hear the words the because the acting is so outstanding. Simple camera angles alone created tension or emotion and the film was just a rich mixture of satisfaction and heartbreak. The movie is called After The Wedding. And altho I have only found this movie tonight I definitely won't forget it.

As a result I can now no longer keep my eyes open to finish this entry.... so i'll quickly mention:

No Age They say ..."don't let it hit you on the way out".... i agree, but in a very good way!

The new Sigur Ros Album ..... heavenly, feels like goodness with added goodness

I could probably go on and on but I will simply say good luck to Nomar and his quest, who knows, maybe you'll find the answer in foreign lands. Enjoy.

Night now.

No comments: