Monday, August 11, 2008

No title - i'm too busy to think of one

Life for the next month or so is gonna be insane. Unfortunately it is work that dictates this. I guess I should have spent more time on being creative and building this website that now sees me tied to my desk till mid septemeber and no doubt beyond rather than tralling the internet for music and other distractions. However, as I sit here at my desk while the clock skips past 8.30pm, the only thing that is keeping me sane is music. I can't mess around looking for it so I'm putting my ears into the hands of Zane Lowe on Radio 1. Some people find him terribley annoying and I agree that his physcophantic attitude towards musicians can be cringeworthy. But to be honest he has an unbounded enthusiasm for music and his tastes are eclectic makes for a good mix of listening.

Anyway the reason for this blog which has already gone on too long, is that he just played Dan Black's Hipnotize (a cover of Notorious Big) . Sometimes a cover of a song, when played so completley differently like this one, make you see the song in a whole new light and listen to the lyrics more clearly. They're simple rap lyrics but they have a different feel and they even sound a bit funny when sung by this guy. For some reason though, I've had it on loop for the last 20 minutes... i just can't get enough of it, and its catchy sample. Love it.

Have a listen.

Back to work..... *sigh*

No comments: