Thursday, June 26, 2008

Not of this world...



well, I sometimes wonder that despite what my complexion and hair colour may indicate, I was not meant to be born of this fair land. My optimism of yesterday has sunk into the puddles which gather at a rapid rate outside . It's simple, it's summer, I need sun. And not in a way a bronzed bather needs it to soak up their baby oil... I need it for my brain, to function as nature intended me, with a smile on my face and skip in my step. Not the most joyous ways to start today's blog you say... true. But honesty remains the eternal truth so therefore what you see will be what you get with me...

So in the absense of el sol i turn i'll turn to music... im a little bit obsessed with all kinds of it and recent ramblings with nomar and his quest for enlightenment has moved this obsession into overdrive as I move down paths of random musical exploration stumbling across some gems and tripping over some donkeys but all in all really quite enjoying it! Adding to this is the fact that Glastonbury is nearly upon us and despite missing is again this year (i'll make it eventually), I will have to make do with Glastowatch on the BBC! It's never really the been the same without John Peel's input of sarcasm, indifference, wit and bouts of extreme enthusiasm for random german techno and but its still good fun to watch for the music, or even if just to have a good laugh at the the drunken musicians and often presenters who forget they are on live tv which in turn makes for hilarious and cringeworthy viewing.

In other news... morrissey in 2 days... can't wait and Radiohead are back in TheBasement, it's deffo gotta be worth a watch and finally, i love stories like this.

In the mean time... listen to these...
Cage The Elephant - Rock/Punk/Funk , great, great, great
Serge Gainsberg - the coolest minute and a half you'll ever hear*
The Bookhouse Boys - It'd be a good theme tune for a 70s cop show in which all the detectives are leggy red heads with killer style and the head of the task force is called ... why of course... FBI Girl

Adieu

1 comment:

Nomar said...

Love it, and keep up the good work! will defo be checking out the bands!
Love the donkeys line!